Which home security system is best? Our team have reviewed the best home security systems below
Product reviews of the best home security systems
We have tested some of the best home security systems that are available on the market and put them through different tests.
Battery life, ease of installation, a high-quality build and method of sending alerts were important features that we considered.
In the end we found the NETGEAR VMS3330 3HD Security Camera Kit to be top on our list of the best home security systems.
It is a wireless system that is small, easily installed and comes with a high-quality construction all while being more affordable than the Reolink 8CH 4MP Security Camera System or the Blink Indoor Home Security Camera System.
The ANNKE 8 Channel Security Camera System is the cheapest system on our list.
Featuring just 2 cameras, these are weatherproof and the memory can store up to 8 days of video. Read on to discover more!
NETGEAR VMS3330 3HD Security Camera Kit Review – 90%
The Netgear is a wireless security kit that eliminates the need for cables which would interfere with the home’s aesthetics.
- Say goodbye to trailing cables and wiring hassles
- Motion alerts - receive push notifications and emails if anything moves
- Night vision - see what is happening even in the dark
This also makes it simple to install as we very well found out. It is a high-quality equipment that sends alerts through phone and email in case of any motion detection.
This camera kit features night vision for an all rounded 24-hour security. The cameras can be mounted both indoors and outside as they are weatherproof and can withstand rain and snow. The kit is sturdy as well.
We however noticed a delay in detecting movement and recording video. It also lacks audio capture and audio feedback.
Reolink 8CH 4MP Security Camera System Review – 86%
The Reolink also features night vision cameras similar to the NETGEAR VMS3330 3 HD Security Camera Kit. The daytime videos are high quality and clear.
This is a wired kit that is simple to set up as well. It has a high memory capacity and can store up to 8 days of video recording.
The instructions are clear and straightforward and unlike the ANNKE 1080p Lite CCTV Camera System that only features 2 cameras this one has 4.
The downside is that while it does offer night vision, the videos are not very clear in the dark.
Blink Indoor Home Security Camera System Review – 84%
This camera system will record a short clip and send it to cloud while also sending an alert to your mobile phone.
- Motion detector: Built-in motion sensor alarm. When motion detector is triggered, Wi-Fi cameras send an alert to your smartphone and record a short clip of the event to the cloud.
- Battery-powered security system: Wireless home camera with 2-year battery life, powered by 2 AA lithium batteries (included), data is sent from IP cameras over Wi-Fi.
- Smart home security: Simple self-install home monitoring in minutes; easily control wireless cameras with the included iOS & Android apps or via voice through our Amazon Alexa Skill.
It is a wireless kit that requires the use of Wi-fi and features 2 AA Lithium batteries that can last up to two years before the need to recharge them again.
We found it to be very easy to install and basically anyone can do it. Unlike with the Fortress Security Store (TM)- S03-B Wireless Home Security Alarm System, the instructions are clear and easy to follow.
The downside is that the Blink doesn’t have a wide field of view. The video quality is also not the best.
Yale EF-Series Telecommunicating Alarm Kit Review – 76%
This is an easy to fit security system that doesn’t require any professional assistance. The accessories are wireless and come with an easy to read instruction manual.
- Easy to fit - all accessories are wireless and come pre-linked for quick and easy installation.
- Expandable - add up to 30 accessories, tailoring the system to your home.
- Security as standard - secure rolling code transmission, enhanced jamming detection and 868MHz frequency technology.
It is also expandable and the user can add up to 30 accessories so suit any large setting.
The Yale EF series features a loud siren measured at 104 db. We liked that using it doesn’t come with any monthly fees. It is efficient and detects the small movements and is straightforward to add settings on the control panel.
One drawback that we noticed is that the external siren doesn’t feature groove holes for adjusting during installation.