Browse our reviews below of the best dehumidifiers, as we decide what is the best dehumidifier?
Product reviews of the best dehumidifiers
We took 15 different humidifiers and put them to the test over a span of 48 hours to find out which of them effectively reduced humidity levels.
Out the 6 products that made our shortlist, our favourite humidifier was the Pro Breeze 500ml Compact and Portable Mini Air Dehumidifier.
It automatically shuts off once it absorbs 250 ml of moisture and uses a thermoelectric cooling for efficient and quiet operation.
However, an honourable mention goes to the EcoAir DC12 Compact Portable Dehumidifier.
It offers a large 3.5 litre water tank capacity that absorbs up to 12 litres of moisture and features an intelligent touch panel for controlling the settings.
We created a comparison table below for you to look at and see which of these products on our list of the best dehumidifiers is the best for your home.
500ml Compact and Portable Mini Air Dehumidifier – 92%
We found the Pro Breeze 500ml Compact and Portable Mini Air Dehumidifier to be the best dehumidifier based on our tests.
It’s easy to set-up and operate with just a push of a button and is able to remove up to 250 ml of moisture with a water tank capacity of 500 ml.
It does a great job of lowering humidity levels and during our testing we found that it was quite effective at removing dampness from the air, making it better equipped to prevent mould.
The product is ideal when used on small to medium spaces like bathrooms, kitchens, and garages.
The auto-shut off LED lights up once the dehumidifier is full and it’s relatively quiet as it relies on thermoelectric cooling
Overall the Pro Breeze 500ml Compact and Portable Mini Air Dehumidifier offers the best dehumidifier ratings on our shortlist and we highly recommend it.
- Automatic shut off feature
- Quiet operation
- Easy to set up and use
- Not quite effective at removing condensation from windows
DC12 Compact Portable Dehumidifier Review – 92%
One of the top rated dehumidifiers on our list is the EcoAir DC12 Compact Portable Dehumidifier.
It’s got a very large 3.5 litre water tank capacity that’s able to soak up 12 litres of moisture making it perfect for using in bathrooms and other areas of your home where larger amounts of condensation occur.
During our testing, we found that it was very effective at inhibiting the growth of mildew and bacteria.
The electronic panel has an intelligent touch display that allows you to manage the humidity levels and even set the timer which are very handy features.
You can move it easily with the small wheels attached to the bottom. If your home is prone to excessive condensation and mould growth, the EcoAir DC12 Compact Portable Dehumidifier will resolve that problem with ease.
- Effectively fights off mould and bacteria growth
- Soaks up 12 litres of moisture
- Intelligent touch display
- Buttons beep constantly when operated
Inventor Care 12L Portable Dehumidifier Review – 88%
For fighting off damp air and moisture in your garage or basement, we found that the Inventor Care 12L Portable Dehumidifier is the best suited dehumidifier as it absorbs about 12 litres of moisture like the EcoAir DC12 Compact Portable Dehumidifier.
The tank capacity is slightly lower at 2 litres but offers a water level indicator to inform you when it needs draining.
You can set the timer and set the humidity levels with the touch buttons on top. Once the room reaches the desired humidity, it’ll automatically stop working to conserve energy.
It does a good job of removing damp air to prevent the growth of mould and bacteria.
It automatically stops working once the tank is full and the display on top will notify you when to drain it. If you’re looking for a dehumidifier for your basement, the Inventor Care 12L Portable Dehumidifier will do the job just fine.
- Automatic shut off once the tank is full
- 12 L of moisture absorption
- Effective at removing damp air from garages and basements
- Is a bit noisy
Pro Breeze® 1500ml Dehumidifier Review – 88%
Pro Breeze are known for their high-quality dehumidifiers and they’ve managed to live up to their name with the Pro Breeze® 1500ml Dehumidifier.
The tank capacity is 1.5 litres meaning you’ll be draining this dehumidifier far less often than the Pro Breeze 500ml Compact and Portable Mini Air Dehumidifier which only has a capacity of 500 ml.
It efficiently removes moisture and damp air and during our testing it worked perfectly fine on medium-sized rooms like the bedroom and the living room.
It’s also energy efficient at only 72 W and uses thermoelectric cooling.
This dehumidifier is very quiet and automatically switches off when full so you won’t have any overflow issues. If you want to control humidity levels on medium-sized spaces, the Pro Breeze® 1500ml Dehumidifier is a great choice.
- Compact and portable
- Energy efficient at only72 W
- Automatically switches off when full
- No humidity level adjustment
700ml Compact/Portable Mini Air Dehumidifier – 88%
If you’re looking for one of the best small dehumidifiers, look no further than the Hysure 700ml Compact and Portable Mini Air Dehumidifier.
It’s a compact and quiet solution for removing moisture and damp air in small areas and is able to absorb up to 300 ml of moisture. The tank capacity is around 700 ml which is more than enough for a device of this size.
This small dehumidifier is perfect for your bathroom and kitchen where elevated humidity levels are a concern. An auto-off feature triggers when the water tank is full to avoid spilling.
What we like about this device is that it’s simple to operate with just a touch of a button.
It does make a dull humming sound but not loud enough to be obtrusive. At only 23 W this device is also energy efficient, making it the best small dehumidifier for relatively compact spaces.
- Simple one touch operation
- Auto-off feature when water tank is full
- Power efficient at only 23 W
- No humidity controls
- Makes a dull humming sound
ANSIO Interior Dehumidifier Review – 88%
The ANSIO Interior Dehumidifier is a simple solution to damp air and moisture problems by using hydrophilic crystals to fight condensation, moulds, and mildew.
It’s also a very affordable way of managing humidity levels so if you’re looking for a value dehumidifier, this could be the right option for you.
It comes in a pack of 5 and each dehumidifier is able to absorb up to 200 ml of moisture which is quite impressive given its size.
Just open up the pack and leave it next to a window in your bathroom, kitchen, or small bedroom to remove dampness and humidity.
You’ll be surprised at how effective this small dehumidifier is at absorbing three times its own water weight. Each pack lasts about roughly 4-6 weeks on average.
It’s completely noise-free and it doesn’t spill. If you want a simple yet effective dehumidifier at a low cost, grab the ANSIO Interior Dehumidifier.
This product is ideal for use in small areas or spaces with minor humidity issues but if you require a solution for a larger space, you’ll most likely find this won’t cut it.
- Affordable yet effective way to combat damp air
- Absorbs up to 200 ml of moisture
- Lasts 4-6 weeks on average
- No noise
- Not effective in very humid conditions
- Takes up less moisture than an active dehumidifier
Frequently asked questions
What is a dehumidifier?
A dehumidifier is a device that is used to manage the humidity levels within a certain room or space.
It works by cooling the air in order to remove moisture which drips down to be collected and then drained.
Why should I use a dehumidifier?
There are plenty of benefits to using a dehumidifier and here we’ll go over several reasons why you might consider purchasing one:
- Less allergens. Damp, moist air is the perfect condition for allergens, moulds, mildew, and dust mites to breed. By using a dehumidifier, you’ll reduce humidity levels and also inhibit the growth of these allergens.
- Removes swampy odour. Dehumidifiers help rid your home of the musty odour that is caused by damp air and high humidity levels.
- Clothes dry easier. When you’re doing laundry indoors, a dehumidifier helps dry your clothes faster by absorbing moisture and lowering humidity levels.
- Better overall health. Dehumidifiers reduce irritation and allergy to your respiratory system, allowing you to breathe more comfortably in your home and reducing allergic reactions.
What should I look for when buying a dehumidifier?
If you’re looking to pick up a dehumidifier for your home, there are a few factors to look out for to make sure you get the correct one.
Here is what to look out for when buying a humidifier:
- Tank capacity. The amount of water a dehumidifier can hold should influence your decision. Generally the larger the capacity, the less time you’ll spend draining it, and so if you’re in a very humid space, opt for dehumidifiers that can hold larger quantities of water.
- Amount of moisture removed. Dehumidifiers come in various different sizes and the amount of moisture a device can remove should be considered. If you’re tackling high humidity levels, you’ll want to use a large dehumidifier that can absorb enough moisture to effectively eliminate damp air.
- Features. Dehumidifiers vary in features like an automatic shut-off when a certain humidity level is reached, a timer, and humidity controls. If you want full control over a certain room’s humidity, choose devices that allow you to dial in your desired humidity levels.
What are the best dehumidifiers on the market? Why are they the best?
Our recommendation for the best dehumidifier is the Pro Breeze 500ml Compact and Portable Mini Air Dehumidifier.
For small spaces, we found that this compact dehumidifier removes damp air and moisture very effectively and is able to remove up to 250 ml of moisture in a day.
The portable design means you can use this anywhere from your bedroom, to your kitchen, and even your bathroom.
The EcoAir DC12 Compact Portable Dehumidifier is also a great choice if you’re dealing with lots of condensation and high humidity levels.
It’s capable of removing up to 12 litres of moisture in a day and is very effective at controlling moulds, mildew, and bacterial growth on bathrooms, laundry rooms, and even large spaces where damp air is rife.
If you’re looking to pick up the best dehumidifier, check out our list and see which product will fit your needs.