We interviewed 5 orthopedic surgeons, spoke to 10 users of zero gravity chairs, and read innumerable online reviews to prepare an initial list of 20 zero gravity chairs.
Afterward, we compared these chairs for their weight limit, foldability, easy of carrying/storage, locking mechanism, and whether or not they provided an integrated backrest
Consequently, whether we had started with 20, our final list contains 9 best zero gravity chairs for everybody, among which the Homcom Luxury Reclining is the best indoor and the 2 x Sun Lounger Textoline is the best outdoor zero gravity chair.
We chose Homcom Luxury reclining because it offers a unique amalgam of massage and zero gravity chair.
As for the 2x Sun Lounger Textoline, it comes with a detachable head pillow, folds away for easy storage, and comes with a 2-year warranty. Also, since it weighs just over 12kgs, this chair is easy to carry.
2 x Sun Lounger Textoline Review – 100%
The Sun Lounger Textoline is a set of 2 chairs with each providing a detachable head pillow. It features an adjustable sitting position, and all you have to do to shift it from upright to reclining position is to shift your weight accordingly.
- SET OF 2 – relax in style with this set of textoline reclining chairs with detachable head pillows, handy drinks holders and adjustable canopies
- LOW MAINTENANCE – close-weave textoline fabric in classic grey will easily co-ordinate with other garden furniture. The fabric is strong and easy to clean
- WEIGHTED SHIFT – take the chairs from upright to reclining with a simple shift in weight
Also, you don’t have to make extra storage space for this model as it folds away for easy storage. It is also lightweight at just over 12kgs. It features a dull-grey color close-weave Textoline fabric and comes with a 2-year warranty.
Azuma Zero Gravity Reclining Relaxer Review – 100%
The Azuma Zero Gravity Recline is a versatile zero gravity chair which comes in 17 different color patterns. It is made from cappuccino texteline, which is a polyester compound and just like the 2x Sun, it folds flat for easy storage
- Azuma Zero Gravity Garden Relaxer Chair
- Made from cappucino texteline, a high strength polyester with PVC compound
- Reclines smoothly to any angle from upright to almost horizontal
You can recline it from upright to almost horizontal angle with the shift of your body weight. It can withstand a maximum weight of 100kgs. The frame of this chair, meanwhile, contains silver powder coating and provides an adjustable headrest which you can maneuver by pulling up loop handles.
Garden Mile® Twin Pack Review – 100%
Of all the chairs we have reviewed thus far, the Garden Mile Twin Pack is the most expensive. It boasts a steel frame and the fabric of this chair is the waterproof 600D oxford cloth. The backrest, meanwhile, is adjustable in two positions.
It can handle a maximum of 120kgs and features a locking mechanism under both handles to secure the Garden Mile in any sitting position. What’s more, its headrest is fully adjustable and both the armrests are fully padded as well.
D&Q Zero Gravity Chairs Review – 98%
The D&Q Zero Gravity Chairs come in a set of 2 and offer a Delex Measuring Cup for free in its package. The Textiline fabric of this chair comes in a patterned tweed color and provides an adjustable and detachable headrest.
- Delex set of 2 luxury chairs outdoor beach sun lounger.
- Textiline is in a patterned tweed colour. Detachable and adjustable head rest
- Powder coated steel and textiline/polyester construction means this sun lounger can be left out for the summer
Both the frame as well as the fabric are powder coated whereas the frame is weatherproof. Fortunately, it provides the locking mechanism and allows you to adjust its position from the upright to the laid-back just by shifting your body weight accordingly. Finally, they come assembled and can take up to 100kgs per chair.
Lafuma LFM3062/8230 Review – 93%
The Lafuma LFM is the most expensive chair in this review and features its patented clip suspension system to secure the chair in position. This system relies on elastomer clips to connect the fabric to the tubing. However, if you find this arrangement awkward, you could unclip the elastomers as well.
An adjustable and removable headrest cushion, a protective rubber footrest and foot glides.
It uses Batyline iso fabric which is resistant to UV, ripping, and abrasion and has undergone an anti-fungal treatment before arriving at your doorstep. To protect the floor on which you’d place it, it provides foot glides on all four corners.
Also, while the headrest is both adjustable and removable, the protective rubber footrest is fixed in a single position. However, by putting your body weight on the back of the chair, you can set it in a myriad of sitting positions.
Caravan Canopy Sports Infinity Oversized Review – 91%
Since it is 5.3’’ wider than its standard-size counterpart, the Caravan Canopy Sports is an oversized zero gravity chair. It constitutes a double bungee system to secure the fabric in place and features a dual fingertip locking system to steady the chair in every/any sitting position.
- 5.3 inches wider than the standard 80009000051
- Durable text line fabric suspended by double bungee system
- Dual finger tip locking system
What’s more, in addition to providing an adjustable headrest, it provides an adjustable lumbar support and comes in four different colors. Its manufacturer has provided the frame of the Caravan Canopy with a powder coated black finish.
Also, just like almost every chair in this review, it is foldable and uses a tubular steel frame which provides it a maximum weight limit of 350lbs.
Homcom Luxury Reclining Review – 90%
The Homcom Luxury Reclining offers a unique combination of a massage and a zero gravity chair. It contains massage motors which help you increase/decrease the speed of the massage. It massages your waist, back, arm, buttons, calves, shoulders, and feet.
Also, once you sit on this chair and recline it using your body weight, it brings your heart and the entire body in the same plane, hence turning into a zero gravity chair. More importantly, it features an auto shoulder scan feature and also contains heated pads which gently warm your entire body.
Then there are the multiple massage modes which are on offer with this chair. They include: kneading massage, airbag massage, rolling massage, tapping massage, vibration massage, and shiatsu finger pressure massage. Lastly, it can withstand a maximum load of 150kgs.
VonHaus Textoline Canopy Review – 90%
As the name suggests, the VonHaus features a canopy whose shade you can adjust by tinkering with its holding handles. Also, apart from providing a detachable head pillow, a drinks holder is also included in the package of this chair.
Great for gardens, patios and balconies, the low maintenance close-weave textoline fabric in classic grey will easily co-ordinate with other garden furniture
Also, apart from being foldable, you can adjust the VonHaus in multiple positions by reclining with a shift in your body weight. Lastly, apart from having a maximum weight capacity of 110kgs, it comes with a 2-year manufacturer-supplied warranty.
Denny International Black Textoline Review – 82%
The Denny International Black Textoline Zero Gravity chair is one of the most inexpensive in this review. It comes in black color with an integrated pillow as a backrest and is also foldable. The maximum weight which this chair could withstand without breaking down is 150kgs.
The frame of the Black Textoline is powder coated tubular steel. Also, both the fabric as well as the frame can be wiped clean. You can also recline this chair simply by lying back and shifting your body weight backward. Also, it has a nob on the side to lock the chair in multiple positions.
Frequently asked questions
What is a Zero Gravity Chair?
A Zero Gravity Chair doesn’t defy the laws of physics to let you float in the air. Instead, it gives your body the same posture which the astronauts mimic as their spaceflight leaves the earth and is about to enter into space. They adopt this posture to counter and endure the extreme gravity which their body faces from the gravitational pull of the Earth.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Zero Gravity Chairs?
- Zero Gravity Chairs place the body in its optimum resting position by making sure that the heart and the rest of the body are on an equal plane. When that happens, our heart has to work less to pump blood to other parts of the body. This, in turn, relieves stress from lower back issues.
- Also, when the entire body is on the same plane, blood circulation improves throughout the body. Consequently, with different body parts receiving more than normal supply of blood, they tend to relax and the body health improves.
- Those body parts which were aching before you turned to the zero gravity chair stand to gain the most from it. For, with an improved blood circulation, these ailing parts tend to get a fresh supply of oxygenated blood, which helps in their speedy recovery.
- Finally, when you’re sitting on a zero gravity chair, your lungs work at full capacity to make sure the blood gets a full supply of oxygen. Consequently, with the blood full of oxygen, it performs a healing effect wherever it circulates in our body.
- One of the reasons why astronauts return to earth after a specific time period is because long-term exposure to zero gravity causes bone and muscle loss. Therefore, if you use your zero gravity chair for extended periods every day, you might suffer the same consequences.
What are Types of Zero Gravity Chairs?
There are two types of zero gravity chairs: indoor and outdoor. While both these chairs have the same design, they differ in bells and whistles.
That is, if you purchase an outdoor gravity chair, you might get tray or beverage holders built on either side of the chair. Also, their fabric might resemble more of a lawn chair.
Conversely, indoor gravity chairs are plusher and are made of the same material like our sofas or dining room chairs.
What should I look for when choosing the best Zero Gravity Chair?
- You should look for the following factors when choosing the best Zero Gravity chair:
- Make sure it features an adjustable headrest.
- It should be easy for you to get on/off your zero gravity chair.
- Its fabric should be comfortable to recline on but strong enough to withstand abuse.
- The chair should be easy to assemble and should require minimal tools for the same.
- The footrest should be adjustable to let you find the most suitable position for yourself
- The chair should have a lock system which should lock it in place once you’re comfortably positioned on it.
- Finally, the bungee of the chair should feel sturdy, its mesh should be resistant to UV rays, and the frame should be powder coated to prevent rust.
What’s the approximate price range for a high-quality Zero Gravity Chair?
The price range of a high-quality zero gravity chair falls between £50 and £80.
What is an antigravity Chair?
Antigravity is a term which is used interchangeably with zero-gravity. That means that zero gravity chairs are the same as antigravity chairs. There is absolutely no difference between them.
What is a zero gravity lounge chair?
A zero gravity chair which has a plush material, extended armrests, and removable lumbar support is a zero gravity lounge chair. One example of a zero gravity chair is the Svago Chair.
What is a Svago Chair?
Svago is the pioneer of zero gravity chairs, which means it was the first zero gravity chair ever made. Currently, this chair is available in various forms, with its most popular version offering massage and heat functions, extended armrests, complementing headrest, and removable lumbar pillows. This chair is only useful for indoor usage.
What is the best Indoor Zero Gravity Chair? Why is it the best?
Homcom LuxuryReclining is the best indoor zero gravity chair. It offers a unique amalgam of massage and zero gravity chair.
It provides multiple massage modes, gives your body warm heat treatment, and also let you turn it into a zero gravity chair simply by shifting your weight backward.
What is the best Outdoor Zero Gravity Chair? Why is it the best?
2 x Sun Lounger Textoline is the best outdoor zero gravity chair. It comes with a detachable head pillow, folds away for easy storage, and comes with a 2-year warranty. Also, since it weighs just over 12kgs, this chair is easy to carry.
What is the best Garden Zero Gravity Chair? Why is it the best?
The Garden Mile® Twin Pack is the best zero gravity chair for gardens. It offers padded armrests and features a waterproof and high-strength fabric. What’s more, it has a locking mechanism using which you can easily lock this chair in any of its multiple positions. Also, it has a weight capacity of 150kgs.
What is the best Balcony Zero Gravity Chair? Why is it the best?
The VonHaus Textoline Canopy is the best zero gravity chair for balconies. It comes with a canopy to save you from harmful UV rays and provides a drink holder in the package. Also, it is foldable, has a detachable head pillow, and comes with a 2-year warranty.